We believe that art has the potential to enrich and transform lives.
That is why we help make the highest quality art available to all. We do this by supporting arts organisations that represent excellence in their field at a national level.
What we fund
We concentrate our funding in two main areas:
- Regional museums and galleries. We aim to strengthen these institutions, with a focus on using curatorial skills to enhance collections for public benefit.
This is an annual programme with its own criteria and decision-making process.
- The performing arts, mainly theatre, music and dance. We may support other performing art forms if the organisation and its work are exceptional.
You can apply at any time under this heading.
What we look for
Performing arts organisations should demonstrate some of the following:
- national significance in the nature or quality of the work
- bringing the performing arts to people who would not otherwise attend
- inclusion of new and emerging talent as a part of their overall programme of work (ie the development of talent is not the organisation's main focus)
- innovative approaches.